The Parks & Recreation Department will accept requests for community relations-type services from citizens, businesses, non-profit organizations, churches, schools and other civic groups meeting or event on Park property.
Organizers must submit the Special Event/ Park Usage Application form a minimum of 30 days prior to the event. Late submittals may result in denial of your City of Odessa permit. Once received, your event information will be reviewed by the Special Events Coordinator, Director of Parks & Recreation, and other departments as necessary.
Special Events may require an Odessa Police Special Event Permit by the following conditions pursuant to Article 1-15 of the City Code:
- An event on public property that will cause an interruption of traffic, including but not limited to the closing of a city street, the direction of traffic or the posting of safety signs or devices.
- Use of loudspeakers, sound amplifiers or musical instruments, which will create excessive or unreasonable noise within 200 linear feet of a residential area.
- An event that will include a fireworks display.
- A circus or carnival not within a permanent building or on government-owned property.
- A Special Event Parade (as defined by City Ordinance).
The Parks & Recreation Department will contact you by phone to confirm your request. If you have not been contacted within three days, call (432) 368-3548.